We call it „bundáskenyér”, it means „bread in coat”, but dictionary says: gipsy toast.
Have you ever heard about it?
I thought that it is a heavy, but very Hungarian breakfast/dinner food, but I was so surprised, when I got 93 “gipsytoast” hits in google.
The recipe is very simple. Try it!
- slices bread, cut in half (preferably white)
- tablespoon milk
- Mix the eggs, salt and milk
- Put into a bowl and add the bread and soak.
- Heat the butter/oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the saturated bread until it is golden brown on each side.
Anyway Rita and Jörn will arrive soon from Stuttgart and Jörn is already waiting for my authentic "Ungarische goulash" :) I hope that he won't be disappointed. :)